Date: January 10, 2015 at 2:12:07 PM
EST
From: "maretw2@..."
<maretw2@...>
Subject: Thoughts on Jean Love -- and Pat
Watson
To:
WJMA-owner@..., wjma@..., jrhunter3@...

Hi, fellow JMAers,

Jean taught me a lot about
working in the control room.

At one point I was more
than a bit frustrated about keeping track of everything:
station ID's, news, sports, weather, the meters, getting
the music going {and at the right speed}, watching song
rotation, etc....

She finally looked at me
and said something like:

     "It's OK
if you make a mistake -- you haven't done anything that
bad.  Nobody died!"

After that and a few more
training sessions with her and Ross and Russ, I was able to
get everything done and run the station by myself.

Jean also showed me how to
back-up the LP's and 45's so the music would start
when I wanted it to.

[And that reminds me of
one morning when I played Simon Garfunkle's (sp?)
version of What a Wonderful World.  Pat Watson walked in
the control room and said I had it at the wrong
speed.............

It was the correct speed;
just a slower version of the song than she was used to!
 Pat paid close attention to what we announcers -- and
everyone else for that matter -- were doing and would not
let mistakes go by unremarked.]

Ah, memories.....

Looks like I probably will
not be able to attend Jean's service.