Re: as God is my witness...

Laurie McCullough

Wasn't Reid involved in that too? we remember.....

On Nov 24, 2014, at 11:48 AM, "Molly Hoffman mhoffmancrook@... [WJMA]" <WJMA@...> wrote:

Does anyone remember the audio feature Phil Audibert did about a turkey farm? It would have been in 1978 (or thereabouts), and dealt with the all-important question of whether turkeys are dumb (based, if memory serves, on stories of turkeys running en masse into a corner and piling on top of each other). The farmer maintained that turkeys are smart. (I have my doubts.)

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Rgraves321@... [WJMA] <WJMA@...> wrote:

I think Harrisonburg still has a poultry festival. Friends of mine who grew up there said that through the late 1960's Wampler would provide a few live turkeys that were thrown out of the third story of the bank as giveaways. They could flutter well enough to break their fall into the crowd below.

Ralph

-----Original Message-----
To: WJMA@... <wjma@...>
Sent: Sun, Nov 23, 2014 7:08 pm
Subject: RE: [WJMA] as God is my witness...

Actually, turkeys can fly. I'm not sure how well they fly from a helicopter, but ironically when I saw a "gaggle" of them take off on the Appalachian Trail, they sounded like helicopters.

al

To: WJMA@...
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 18:58:25 -0500
Subject: Re: [WJMA] as God is my witness...

One of the funniest moments ever in TV!

On Nov 23, 2014, at 5:35 PM, "Ross Hunter rossgroups@... [WJMA]" <WJMA@...> wrote:

As we approach the Thanksgiving holiday, this classic clip from WKRP is a must watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg

Ross Hunter '71

Join WJMA@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.