From: "Chap Harrison" <clh@...>
To: <WJMA@...>
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 10:33 PM
Subject: [WJMA] Pronunciation

From the supper table end of things, we were frequently told about the
reading exercises that my father gave to prospective employees.
Apparently, the test included a news article (or, more likely, three)
that included the words "larynx", "nuclear", and "Mao Tse-Tung".
Innumerable candidates were dropped from consideration for "larnix",
"nucular", or - in one case - "Mayo Teetsy-tongue".

Anybody recollect this?

PS - By the way, I thought it was AH-rinj! You're ALL fired....