From: Mark Johnson
To: WJMA
Sent: Tue, Jul 23, 2013 10:44 am
Subject: Re: [WJMA] Swap Shop memories

In casting my mind back three decades and more I recall that the Swap Shop producer wrote each item down on an index card with the seller's phone number. The cards were kept in a little green tin box for a few days so people could call and ask for the number of an item. In the evenings this duty fell to the on air announcer. Usually the process went smoothly but occasionally hearsay would result in a caller inquiring about an item that didn't exist or was substantially different than they thought or had been told.