Swap Shop memories

Ross Hunter <rossgroups@...>

I put one of Les Myers' photos of the Open Air Swap Shop on the "You might be from Orange..." page on Swap Shop. It's the second picture from the left on this page: <https://picasaweb.google.com/103192993386495037057/WJMASWAPSHOPAndSTUDIOSHOTS?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIOwh9q3peOePQ&feat=directlink>

Here are some of the comments.

My grandmother used to listen to the Swap Shop on WJMA. Talking was not allowed when that was on.

My dad, Jack Samuels Jr used to make us listen in the car. Loved it!

I remember Swap Shop as a boy. Mom and Dad listened in looking for a bargain. It was a different world back then, and definitely a better one.

I grew up with that show on WJMA it was great

I listened religiously with my grandmother. My favorite swap of all time was a farmer who traded 5 bushels of sweet potatoes for a used Ford transmission.

As a kid, I remember them doing the radio Swap Shop and bingo on the radio on WJMA.

I think I see the mood ring I lost.

I think I see that old 8 track player. Did you sell that thing on Swap Shop ?!?!?