Re: Digest Number 302

Phil Audibert

In a message dated 4/15/2004 12:30:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
WJMA@... writes:

clay tablets
Speaking of clay tablets....we did pretty darn well with just a $49.95
cassette tape recorder, a set of aligator clips and a Royal typewriter back then.
Throw in a Revox and a cart machine and we were unbeatable! Consider, we could
throw a sheet of that nasty A-P paper between the rollers (boot up), collect
our thoughts and write a news story (no back up cursors, no delete
button...get it right the first time), change to red ink to indicate an actuality (no
font or color change), complete the story (hit save), and pull it out of the
rollers (hit "print"...now you have a hard copy) faster than you can on all that
fancy computer equipment today!

Phil ('76-'86)