From: russroberts@... Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 4:56 PM
To: WJMA@...; WJMA@...
Subject: RE: [WJMA] happy anniversary

It concerns me that it takes so long for me to "get it." "Wee paws," of
course. Very clever. I swear my brain must have a 386 processor and
32mb of RAM.

Andy Lax, you are right. Ross did indeed create a good thing with this
Yahoo list. In the past year we've become reintroduced and met new
friends. We have discovered the Ryegrass Rollers (who were in fine tune
at the 4 County Players Irish music festival this past weekend ... Phil,
did you send Fiona Richey that CD yet? You have a tight, professional
group). We've read stories that enriched our own memories of WJMA and
given us a sense of continuity.

This is the Internet at its best.

Russ Roberts

From: Ross Hunter [mailto:xhunter@...] Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2004 9:28 AM
To: WJMA@...
Subject: [WJMA] happy anniversary

Tomorrow (1/12) marks the 1-year anniversary of this list. Thank you to all who have contributed over the past 12 months. It was a bit overwhelming the first month when there were 450 messages. Things seem to have settled into the 50 or so per month range lately.

There is still much about WJMA's history that needs to be written about here. I'm sure there are stories still untold. Russ Roberts has brought me a large bag of tapes that I have not yet reviewed. I bet there are more tapes, pictures and printed materials floating around. And I still need to meet with Welford Sherman...the founder of WJMA...to get his memories on tape.

For now, here are some numbers...

84 people are currently subscribed to the list...another 20 or 25 have been subscribed at one time or another but have left for a variety of reasons. Another 3 or 4 have been located, but have not joined the list.

1,402 messages exchanged in the first year. Jan 2003 was the heaviest traffic month with 450 messages. June 2003 was the slowest with just 29 messages.

Please keep writing and maybe we'll have a second anniversary.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: