3rd times a charm? #homebrew #cw #hf #diy #qrpp

Jason - WV3V

Here we go again. Back at it and this is the 3rd cw transmitter in basically three days. This one is based off of Kevin Loughin, KB9RLW qrpp transmitter for 40m.

I have it working as far as I can tell, I hear what sounds like ac hum(?) when it’s keyed, from the local HF rig. I know that’s not what it is but the only way I can describe it. I am assuming that is normal for it working. I don’t actually hear what would sound like a cw note, if that makes sense? Is this correct? Or is there something else I need to do to get that sound.

73’s Jason Wv3v

Jason - WV3V

So I added and additional cap to the input stage and also added a switch for two different crystals. I was testing it out last night and need to find a compartment for it, and also trim the leads to the antenna, and power as well.   -Jason Wv3v