I'm a Fox! #vhf #thunt #foxhunting #solarcharging #diy

Jason - WV3V

Howdy All,

Today is the monthly Fox Hunt and guess who's the Fox? You guess it, me. As I am looking at various spots to "hide", I decided to charge up the batteries with one of the purchases from the Hamfest. It's portable Solar Panel made by Global Solar, out of AZ. Pretty slick device, with 24V coming out of it and into the charge controller. The fox is a VHF and UHF unit, about the size of a small tool box. I may have to build one of these one day. Here's to a good fox hunt.

73's - Jason