Visually Impaired Genealogists Visually-Impaired-Genealogists@groups.ioThis group has been specifically set up to be of assistance to those who have a visual impairment, are completely blind, or are deafblind. It follows on from the Blind-Genealogists mailing list of RootsWeb, which was discontinued on 2nd March 2020.
The co-owners of this group are Wendy Archer and Jon Nixey who are both members of the Guild Of One-Name Studies. Please note that this group is in no way affiliated with the Guild.
In addition to helping the sight impaired members of this group with their genealogical queries, we also have members who are willing to assist with issues relating to screen reading software and other accessibility matters that may impact on our members' ability to carry on their research independently. Please keep in mind that the group owners and anyone providing assistance through this group are unpaid volunteers, and therefore we cannot guarantee that every matter raised can be addressed perfectly, but we'll certainly do our very best to help.
If you have experience in transcribing details from original scans of parish and census records and would like to join this group to be of assistance to those with sight loss, please contact the group's owners.
- 32 Members
- 22 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
Top Hashtags [See All]No used hashtags.