Visually Impaired Genealogists Visually-Impaired-Genealogists@groups.ioThis Visually Impaired Genealogists group has been specifically set up to be of assistance to those who have a visual impairment, are completely blind, or are deafblind.
In addition to helping the sight impaired members of this group with their genealogical queries, we also have members who are willing to assist with issues relating to screen reading software and other accessibility matters that may impact on our members' ability to carry on their research independently. Please keep in mind that the group owners and anyone providing assistance through this group are unpaid volunteers, and therefore we cannot guarantee that every matter raised can be addressed perfectly, but we'll certainly do our very best to help.
If you have experience in transcribing details from original scans of parish and census records and would like to join this group to be of assistance to those with sight loss, please contact the admins.
This group follows on from the Blind-Genealogists mailing list of RootsWeb, which is to be discontinued as of 2nd March 2020.
The group owners are Wendy Archer and Jon Nixey whom you can contact by email
- 24 Members
- 5 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
Top Hashtags [See All]