Here are the group guidelines:
1. Please keep discussion friendly. Differing opinions are welcome.
2. Name-calling and fighting will not be allowed.
3. Don't double post (2 in a row without someone else posting) on the same thread. If you need to make a large change to a posting, edit your original. Remember though that those receiving messages in email will get a copy of the original and each edited version. For something minor, say forgetting your sign-off, it would be best not to make a correction. You can create a signature, one for each group so you won't forget them.
4. Pay attention to information in messages. If a poster requests that you contact them, don't post a reply on the group.
5. When replying to a message, don't include any more of the original message than is required to identify what you are responding to and no more than one previous message at most. In most cases, no previous messages are needed because the reply will go into the thread in the order received. Those of you using 'smart devices' will need to learn how to delete extraneous information. There are still some of us that don't have unlimited, high speed internet access, so please be considerate.
6. When adding your email address to a posting, put it in the format 'yourname@ service.domain' (space after the @ sign). Otherwise, those that only read online won't be able to see it.
7. When adding Photos, the group is set to reduce the file size when uploaded, so shouldn't be a problem unless it's huge to begin with. You should include information in the description so that folks can contact you if they have questions.
8. When adding an event to the calendar, be sure to include your name and contact information.
9. Remove the automatic footer on your device(s) or program(s) that attach "Sent from ..." to every message. It can become very annoying and wastes bandwidth. Every device is a bit different, but is usually called a signature and should be in the email/message composition settings. These are sometimes added by email or antivirus programs as well, usually the free ones, so don't forget to remove those.