Post Listening class excitement!

Sara Foster

The listening class I took last week has lit up my life and work this week! I can’t recommend it enough!

Just a few of the amazing outcomes from sharpened listening taught in the class!

I had a patient this morning with strong L UE symptoms. My general listening took me to the anterior L UQ, but the listening through the arms seemed like it took me to the R arm, up the arm and across the body to the L! Spinal assessment pointed to C5 as the primary spinal listening, at the dura! When I listened to this in supine, I thought I could feel the dura there pulling into the R arm. I slackened the R arm and the patient had much easier movement of the L shoulder (her primary complaint is pain with ROM!). I worked on the cervical dura and the nerve sheath in the R arm using induction and direct stretches and she felt so much better!! So cool! It’s great to remember that one side contributes to the other in unexpected ways!

I had a wonderfully helpful cranial listening and induction yesterday with a headache patient! Something we had never found with my precious cranial assessments seemed to really release tension, deep inside!

And just now, I was with a long term patient who has a history of L hemiplegia from a CVA. She had an IVF filter placed about 4 months ago. During the IVF surgery, she had a pericardial bleed. We wanted to wait for that tissue to heal, so had paused our sessions. Today, she came back and told me her L hemiplegic shoulder has been tightening up and she wanted to work on that. All pericardial pain was gone and she was cleared by her cardiologist to begin therapy again. General listening took me L anterior and hard to decide if it was UQ or LQ. LL to thoracic did have a pull to the L shoulder, but primary was deep to the sternum. Turns out, her shoulder started tightening as she was healing from the pericardial bleed, but she hadn’t made that connection. I used induction in seated 3D releases, heart motility, induction with the diaphragm, and other techniques from VM4 on the sternum, all very gently! Her L arm was moving so much better and almost no pain by end of the session!

So grateful to have taken Ron’s Listening 1 class! Thanks for such a beautiful chance to practice and learn Ron!

In gratitude,
Sara

Winnie Tsu

That is awesome! Such a privilege to have learned this type of therapy from such outstanding therapists/healers

Winnie