stomach movement while swallowing

neager_4@...

Hi everybody,
I was doing a VM session with a patient the other day and noticed she has extremely large movements of the stomach while swallowing. It is almost as if you feel a blob of lead drop into her gut when she swallows her saliva every time. She has a complicated medical hx, most pertinent is a fusion from T7-12 with corresponding numbness surrounding the mid-lower thoracic dermatomes and semi-recent concussion.
I have never seen this atypical stomach response to swallowing before. Any suggestions from a VM perspective; causes or treatment approaches? I am following GL and LL (will continue to do this) and the 1st session went very well.
Thanks in advance,
Nicole Stevens (VM1-6, NM1, VVML, VVMU, LT1, CST1)

Join Visceral-Manipulation-Forum@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.