Topics

Sundry HP-UX n00b questions?

Anders

Will collect them in a this thread so as not to clutter the forums :)

First question: What should I select for terminal type on a 9000 340? The default works, but that apparently assumes another keyboars as mine now produce numbers when I press the arrow keys.

Anders,

The peripheral installation guide sections 8, 9 and 10 should give the info you need.

Verzonden vanuit Outlook Mobile

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 10:58 AM +0200, "Anders" <anders.gustafsson@...> wrote:

Will collect them in a this thread so as not to clutter the forums :)

First question: What should I select for terminal type on a 9000 340? The default works, but that apparently assumes another keyboars as mine now produce numbers when I press the arrow keys.

Anders

You mean document 97005-90002? Does not mention the hp98544 bitmapped display? There is a mention of the "HP 46020/21 keyboard", but not how to configure it in HP-UX. Ie the display seems OK, even if I run sam, but keypresses are not.

Ok, manual 98597-90060 system administration manual chapter 4 explains how to configure hp-ux.
Maybe that's of more help to you.

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 01:55 PM, Rik Bos wrote:
system administration manual
Could not find it, but found this: http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/hp/9000_hpux/9.x/B2355-90029_How_HP-UX_Works_Concepts_for_the_System_Administrator_Aug92.pdf
That mentions setting term to 300h which I tried, but still no arrow keys