Topics

Something for the true HP-afficionados....

jos

Anders

I like the classification: " Kunst & Antiquitäten"

Jack Rubin

Wonder how much for shipping to Michigan?
www.computerarium.org

Achim Buerger

It's the same offer which is since some weeks in the normal Ebay:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Hewlett-Packard-2116b-2116-B-Vintage-Mainframe-Computer-1969/264930464256?hash=item3daf161200:g:eGsAAOSwg1lfntW6
The guy demands 10,000€, which obviously nobody is willing to pay.

Achim Buerger

He also states 'for pick-up only'.

nigel adams

Regrettably some people have unrealistic expectations of value for these things..
Given there is a limited market for such historic items in terms of space and knowledge etc. It is unlikely to ever sell at that value and risks being scrapped unless the vendor revises their price expectation.

On 29 Dec 2020, at 15:01, Achim Buerger <achim.r.buerger@...> wrote:

He also states 'for pick-up only'.

Dave McGuire

People always say stuff like that, and then they're shocked when it actually sells. Maybe things are different in Europe, but systems like this always fetch huge amounts of money over here, and most of us are broke these days.

-Dave

On 29 Dec 2020, at 15:01, Achim Buerger <achim.r.buerger@gmail.com> wrote:

He also states 'for pick-up only'.

Colin Eby

Deep longing….

On 29 Dec 2020, at 14:06, jos <jos.dreesen@greenmail.ch> wrote:

As pointed to in another forum :

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/hewlett-packard-2116b-2116-b-vintage-mainframe-computer-1969/1612793281-240-20952

Just wow...

Alaric Nicoll

That is one rare disk drive. Good luck getting the helium for it.

On 31 Dec 2020, at 20:21, Colin Eby <colin.eby.uk@gmail.com> wrote:

Achim Buerger

The seller informed me that the whole set was sold for 3000 € a few days ago.

Achim

A lot of money, may worth it..

But to much for me 😉

-Rik