Topics

Logging into HP-UX, as what?

Anders
 

I have booted, but cannot seem to log in. I have booted the HP-UX 7 fullsys image and when I get to the login I try "root" with no password, "root" root", "admin" "admin" etc, but get incorrect login every time. Thought It might have something to do with my Keyboard emulator, but I am sending the correct scancode for Enter (tried both keys, have one maped to the regular enter and the other to the numeric keypad enter).

Anders
 

The image appears to have root:0 in /etc/passwd, so that mean no password, right? You use the Enter key when logging in to HP-UX?

Anders
 

Odd.. pressed keys at random, ie Ctrl-J, Ctrl-M and suddenly something started happening. It said my terminal was 300h and warned that I was superuser and deposited me at a # prompt, where everything I typed was either "not found" or "could not execute"

 

At the ITF keyboard you must press return not enter.

-Rik




On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 9:00 AM +0200, "Anders" <anders.gustafsson@...> wrote:

The image appears to have root:0 in /etc/passwd, so that mean no password, right? You use the Enter key when logging in to HP-UX?

Anders
 

Ok. What key is the return key on an Itf keyboard?

Sent from my Fairphone

Anders
 

Ah... Return. Code 0xda

Sent from my Fairphone

 


Image


On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 10:06 AM +0200, "Anders" <anders.gustafsson@...> wrote:

Ok. What key is the return key on an Itf keyboard?

Sent from my Fairphone

Paul Berger
 

Is that the image I uploaded?  If so there is no password for root I booted up a copy on a 332 and entered 'root' in response to the login prompt and when I pressed return I was in.

Paul.

On 2020-05-22 1:35 p.m., Anders wrote:
I have booted, but cannot seem to log in. I have booted the HP-UX 7 fullsys image and when I get to the login I try "root" with no password, "root" root", "admin" "admin" etc, but get incorrect login every time. Thought It might have something to do with my Keyboard emulator, but I am sending the correct scancode for Enter (tried both keys, have one maped to the regular enter and the other to the numeric keypad enter).

Anders
 

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 03:38 PM, Paul Berger wrote:
and entered 'root' in response to the login prompt and when I pressed return I was in.
Indeed, assuming that Return is Renturn and not mapped to "Enter" as I had it :) I do not have a keyboard. They cost almost as much as the entire computer, hence my emulator project.

I am in now.

Anders
 

Rik! Can I use that image for my HIL page?