Topics

ITF Keyboard assignments. Graphic wanted

Anders

Wanted: Graphic that shows the key assignments of the ITF (46021?) Keyboard. I have searched, but not found anything but photos. This is to document the mappings in my emulator.Found this table though:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/461108/Hp-Model-712-100-Workstation.html?page=34#manual

Kuba Ober

I can draw up the graphic as long as someone points me to a picture and either a manual page or source code that implements the mapping. It’d be an SVG done in Inkscape, so easy to edit and can be used directly on a webpage as well.

- Kuba (mostly a lurker)

23 maj 2020 kl. 10:59 fm skrev Anders <anders.gustafsson@...>:

Wanted: Graphic that shows the key assignments of the ITF (46021?) Keyboard. I have searched, but not found anything but photos. This is to document the mappings in my emulator.Found this table though:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/461108/Hp-Model-712-100-Workstation.html?page=34#manual

Anders

RIk posted a photo here: https://groups.io/g/VintHPcom/attachment/3360/0

Kuba Ober

Perfect. Should have it done later today :)

23 maj 2020 kl. 3:35 em skrev Anders <anders.gustafsson@...>:

RIk posted a photo here: https://groups.io/g/VintHPcom/attachment/3360/0

Anders

Trying to gigure out stuff from Blurry images... Perhaps @Rik can chime in?? The two keys, top left. They are Reset/Break and Stop. I assume that it is Shift-Reset and Extend-Break? But the HIL manual does not list them as such. Stop is 9C, but I find no mention of the other. See: http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/hp/hp-hil/45918A-90001_HP-HIL_Technical_Reference_Manual_Jan86.pdf
Page F3-F4

Anders

Nah.. Found it, code 0x0E

Kuba Ober

Yesterday I got no time to do it, but this morning I drew it up. Maybe someone could pencil in the actual key codes on this, snap a pic, and post back? I would edit them in then.
Anyone feel free to open it up in Inkscape and edit the labels and post: In Inkscape, ctrl-click to select scancode text inside the label-scancode group, then type new text.
- Kuba

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 4:23 AM Anders <anders.gustafsson@...> wrote:
Nah.. Found it, code 0x0E

Kuba Ober

Here's a PDF for reference too.

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 11:28 AM Kuba Ober <kuba@...> wrote:
Yesterday I got no time to do it, but this morning I drew it up. Maybe someone could pencil in the actual key codes on this, snap a pic, and post back? I would edit them in then.
Anyone feel free to open it up in Inkscape and edit the labels and post: In Inkscape, ctrl-click to select scancode text inside the label-scancode group, then type new text.
- Kuba

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 4:23 AM Anders <anders.gustafsson@...> wrote:
Nah.. Found it, code 0x0E

Anders

Very nice! Thanks!

Anders

See: http://www.dalton.ax/HPkbd/hil/

Kuba Ober

I've now prepared both the ITF and Integral layouts, with keycode map 1. If anyone finds any errors - let me know! This does need a proofread for sure.

Attached are both PDF and SVGz files. The latter can be embedded directly on a webpage and viewable in any browser. The former are good for printed output, because who knows what's the state of SVG rendering in various browsers (as in: I don't know so better safe than sorry).

- Kuba

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 12:31 PM Anders <anders.gustafsson@...> wrote:
See: http://www.dalton.ax/HPkbd/hil/

Kuba Ober

Rev 2 is on GitHub and has the >. and ?/ fixed in the Integral layout.