Topics

HP-HIL and USB

Anders

The box is a standard Hammond box, avaliable in several colours 546-1591ATCL. The PCB is laid out so that it is hand-solderable, even with my shaky hands :)

If more than one wants this, then it could be worthwhile to investigate if some fab house could do a run in the US? That would help with shipping as well. Never done that though. Any pointers?

rmb_guru

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 01:15 AM, Anders wrote:
The box is a standard Hammond box, avaliable in several colours 546-1591ATCL. The PCB is laid out so that it is hand-solderable, even with my shaky hands :)

If more than one wants this, then it could be worthwhile to investigate if some fab house could do a run in the US? That would help with shipping as well. Never done that though. Any pointers?
Anders,

I'm interested in getting a few of these HP-HIL/USB units.  I'm also interested in a few of your latest HPDisk units.

I don't do surface mount assembly (beyond using schmartboard single IC boards), so I would be interested in helping you setup a fab/run here in the US.

I live 100 miles North of Silicon Valley here in California.  I've used various PCB houses here in California, but never looked into having them (or an affiliate) do the assembly.  Hopefully we should be able find something that's not too expensive.

I could look into getting some quotes concerning both of these boards, I would need enough specifications (board size, number of components, etc...) to get good realistic quotes.  If we could at least find someone to do the surface mount assembly, I would be willing to do the final assembly of the other components.
I could also help in shipping the items here in North America.

If interested send an email and we can work on the details...

Anders

Yes. See your email! I will also check with Aisler here.

Anders

Just so that I test everything: Are there any special HIL Keyboard keystrokes I need to be aware of? Francis alerted me to Shift-arrow up/down that goes to top and bottom of the program. Anything else I need to check. Remember that I have only seen a real HIL keyboard as pictures :)