Topics

HP 9000/300 computers with Hp 7000 SA

Jim

Hello computer geeks,

                I could some help with hp 9000/300 series computers and hp MMS 7000 series SA.

Here is a short list of computers I have:

Hp 9000/310 1mb (have 5 1mb cards also), and 98542A (no hd)

Hp 9000/380 128mb, 98550a with 98556A  (no hd)

Hp r332 8mb, working hd with basic/ws ver 6.2 running

Hp 382 32mg 210s hd , , floppy, nic, ext scsi, color video (DEAD hd) & extender

Hp 9888 extender working.

No local area network cards, but lots of

I have been trying to get some software installed to use a controller with the 7000’s to

Load firmware on the 70703A and get the DLP for using my 70911a.

I have been able to get 900_op_ver loaded on to a lif disk by way of the HP 89410A.

The r332 reads it just fine but have no understanding of how to install or run it on the basic/ws system.

The 11990a files I am not able to copy over to a lif disk, just gives an error.

Files I am working with:

https://community.keysight.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/61963-1-4369/11990A.zip

https://community.keysight.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/61963-1-4273/900_op_ver.zip

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks, Jim

Dave McGuire

On 9/20/19 4:44 PM, Dogma wrote:
[...]

I'm watching with great interest; I'm planning to do the same fairly
soon, but am still (slowly) working on getting my hardware straightened
out. Please post what you find, if you don't mind. Info on how to get
this done seems to be very sparse, not really up to HP's high
documentation standards.

Paul Bicknell

Hi Dave

I am not a computer man But I assume you mean 70K / 70000

I am collecting the computer parts to get the auto calibration working on the

70900 local oscillators and the IF ,s So

I am Looking for the software for

70900B / 70903/ 70902/ 70911A  70910A

also the personality software as I do not now how to back it up

One observation is that I have been told that I should use  HP basic 5.1

But I assume the software will run on a later version of basic

Any help appreciated

Regards Paul South Coast  England

>                 I could some help with hp 9000/300 series computers and

> hp MMS 7000 series SA.

> Here is a short list of computers I have:

> Hp 9000/310 1mb (have 5 1mb cards also), and 98542A (no hd)

> Hp 9000/380 128mb, 98550a with 98556A  (no hd)

> Hp r332 8mb, working hd with basic/ws ver 6.2 running

> Hp 382 32mg 210s hd , , floppy, nic, ext scsi, color video (DEAD hd) &

> extender

> Hp 9888 extender working.

> No local area network cards, but lots of

> I have been trying to get some software installed to use a controller

> with the 7000’s to

> Load firmware on the 70703A and get the DLP for using my 70911a.

> I have been able to get 900_op_ver loaded on to a lif disk by way of the

> HP 89410A.

> The r332 reads it just fine but have no understanding of how to install

> or run it on the basic/ws system.

> The 11990a files I am not able to copy over to a lif disk, just gives an

> error.

> Files I am working with:

> https://community.keysight.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/61963-1-4369/11990A.zip

> https://community.keysight.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/61963-1-4273/900_op_ver.zip

> Can anyone please help me?

  I'm watching with great interest; I'm planning to do the same fairly

soon, but am still (slowly) working on getting my hardware straightened

out.  Please post what you find, if you don't mind.  Info on how to get

this done seems to be very sparse, not really up to HP's high

documentation standards.

Dave McGuire

I was not the original poster, but yes, I'm quite certain he was
talking about the 70K series.

-Dave

On 9/23/19 10:44 AM, Paul Bicknell wrote:
[...]

Dave, Paul,

If the software uses CSUB’s (compiled subroutines) the software could be version dependent.

CSUB’s from lower versions won’t always run on higher versions RMB because later versions of RMB supports the later 68K processors (68030 and 68040)

-Rik

>                 I could some help with hp 9000/300 series computers and

> hp MMS 7000 series SA.

> Here is a short list of computers I have:

> Hp 9000/310 1mb (have 5 1mb cards also), and 98542A (no hd)

> Hp 9000/380 128mb, 98550a with 98556A  (no hd)

> Hp r332 8mb, working hd with basic/ws ver 6.2 running

> Hp 382 32mg 210s hd , , floppy, nic, ext scsi, color video (DEAD hd) &

> extender

> Hp 9888 extender working.

> No local area network cards, but lots of

> I have been trying to get some software installed to use a controller

> with the 7000’s to

> Load firmware on the 70703A and get the DLP for using my 70911a.

> I have been able to get 900_op_ver loaded on to a lif disk by way of the

> HP 89410A.

> The r332 reads it just fine but have no understanding of how to install

> or run it on the basic/ws system.

> The 11990a files I am not able to copy over to a lif disk, just gives an

> error.

> Files I am working with:

> https://community.keysight.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/61963-1-4369/11990A.zip

> https://community.keysight.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/61963-1-4273/900_op_ver.zip

> Can anyone please help me?

  I'm watching with great interest; I'm planning to do the same fairly

soon, but am still (slowly) working on getting my hardware straightened

out.  Please post what you find, if you don't mind.  Info on how to get

this done seems to be very sparse, not really up to HP's high

documentation standards.

Paul Bicknell

Hi all

As I say I am not a software man  and thank you for coming back re the possibility that the software could be version dependent

I have not used  HP basic for about 35 years

Paul

If the software uses CSUB’s (compiled subroutines) the software could be version dependent.

CSUB’s from lower versions won’t always run on higher versions RMB because later versions of RMB supports the later 68K processors (68030 and 68040)

-Rik

>                 I could some help with hp 9000/300 series computers and

> hp MMS 7000 series SA.

> Here is a short list of computers I have:

> Hp 9000/310 1mb (have 5 1mb cards also), and 98542A (no hd)

> Hp 9000/380 128mb, 98550a with 98556A  (no hd)

> Hp r332 8mb, working hd with basic/ws ver 6.2 running

> Hp 382 32mg 210s hd , , floppy, nic, ext scsi, color video (DEAD hd) &

> extender

> Hp 9888 extender working.

> No local area network cards, but lots of

> I have been trying to get some software installed to use a controller

> with the 7000’s to

> Load firmware on the 70703A and get the DLP for using my 70911a.

> I have been able to get 900_op_ver loaded on to a lif disk by way of the

> HP 89410A.

> The r332 reads it just fine but have no understanding of how to install

> or run it on the basic/ws system.

> The 11990a files I am not able to copy over to a lif disk, just gives an

> error.

> Files I am working with:

> https://community.keysight.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/61963-1-4369/11990A.zip

> https://community.keysight.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/61963-1-4273/900_op_ver.zip

> Can anyone please help me?

  I'm watching with great interest; I'm planning to do the same fairly

soon, but am still (slowly) working on getting my hardware straightened

out.  Please post what you find, if you don't mind.  Info on how to get

this done seems to be very sparse, not really up to HP's high

documentation standards.

No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

Jim

Hi Dave,  Yes it should of read 70000 or 70K.

Hi Paul,
The software is in the links I provided, It has the personality software  e the personality personality software(DLP)and calibration routines.

This is a reprint from a HP manual I have;

Software/Hardware Compatibility
Computer Hardware Compatibility
System Performance Test software is written in HP 9000 Series BASIC 4.0. There is no
copy protection. The software can run on the following HP 9000 Series 200/300 computers.
Minimum RAM requirement is 2.0 megabytes.
HP 9816 HP 9920 (with HP 35721A Monitor)
HP 9836 HP 9000 Series 300 computer
When using an HP 9000 Series 300 computer, a medium-resolution monitor and either an
HP 98203C or an HP 46020A keyboard are required. If printed results are not needed, a
high-resolution monitor can be used.
Due to the various keyboards supported, some minor text di erences appear in the menus and
softkeys displayed on-screen. Refer to \Typographic Conventions," later in this chapter.
Computer Language Compatibility
Note If you have set up some RAM memory for speci c usage, be aware that
this program uses RAM memory Volume \:MEMORY, 0, 15". Move any
information stored at this Volume to another location before running the
System Performance Test software program.
The software program runs on HP BASIC 4.0, or later, with the following BIN les in RAM.
CLOCK HPIB
CS80 (optional { supports newer IO
Winchester disk drives) KBD
DISC (optional { supports micro
oppies MAT
and older Winchester disk drives) MS
ERR PDEV (optional { provides
GRAPH debugging features for
GRAPHX program development)
CRTA or CRTB
General Information 1-3
In an SRM (shared resource management) environment, the following BIN les are also
required:
DCOMM
SRM
In an HFS (hierarchical

Jim

Paul Bicknell

Hi jim

Part of your message is over my head  but you say

The software is in the links I provided, It has the personality software  e the personality personality software(DLP)and calibration routines

Sorry but I didn’t receive any link

Regards Paul

[...]

Thank you but still missing  70 K personality files

Regards Paul