Paul Berger

Those are IBM House numbered TTL parts.

2392101  7402
2392102  7404
2392103  7405
2392112  7475
2392119  7496
2392135  7408

On 2020-05-24 11:39 a.m., Jannie van Zyl wrote:

Any idea what these 239 - 21xx chips might be? My Googling is failing me on this one. :)

They reminded me of the the 1820- series in my HP2100. Seems like a similar naming convention?

Jannie van Zyl

This is why I hang out with the clever people!! Thanks Paul!

Do you perhaps have a link with the tables or a scanned page?

Stephen Hanselman

Nice picture of the floating point ROMS on the A2 card though..... I was going to say house marked but Paul beat me with better info.

Regards,

Stephen Hanselman

Datagate Systems, LLC

On 2020-05-24 11:39 a.m., Jannie van Zyl wrote:

Any idea what these 239 - 21xx chips might be? My Googling is failing me on this one. :)

They reminded me of the the 1820- series in my HP2100. Seems like a similar naming convention?

<chips-2.jpg>
<chips-1.jpg>

Jannie van Zyl

I'm desperately looking for replacements for those corroded chips on the HP 'CPU'...... :(

Stephen Hanselman

I’ll look.  We are in the process of sending our warehouse to the Computer Museum of America. I know I had a box with the ROMs but I might be able to find an A2 board complete

Regards,

Stephen Hanselman

Datagate Systems, LLC

On May 24, 2020, at 09:36, Jannie van Zyl <jannievanzyl1@...> wrote:

I'm desperately looking for replacements for those corroded chips on the HP 'CPU'...... :(

Paul Berger

Sorry no, only hard copy from many years ago, but it is in the queue to be scanned.

Paul.

On 2020-05-24 1:07 p.m., Jannie van Zyl wrote:

This is why I hang out with the clever people!! Thanks Paul!

Do you perhaps have a link with the tables or a scanned page?

al_kossow

On 5/24/20 9:36 AM, Jannie van Zyl wrote:
I'm desperately looking for replacements for those corroded chips on the HP 'CPU'...... :(
Where are you located?

I have a huge collection of HP microcode boards for 2100 and MX.
It happened that I didn't have them in the storage container that
was broken into where thieves stole all of my 2100 board for gold
a few years ago

Jannie van Zyl

Stephen, I'd be eternally grateful!! :) :)

Jannie van Zyl

Al,

I'm in Cape Town South Africa, but will do whatever it takes to get any chips or boards down to the Cape of Good Hope (see what I did there! :) )