Topics

BASIC5 code to read HIL Mouse on a series 300?

Anders

Does anyone have an example? I just need this to test my keyboard emulator.

Hi Anders,

I can't find a program using the mouse the only reference I can find is in the Basic 5.0/5.1 manual set. Interfacing Techniques Volume 2: Specific Interfaces. Chapter 19: HP-HIL interface
Hope this helps you any further.

-Rik

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 9:57 AM +0200, "Anders" <anders.gustafsson@...> wrote:

Does anyone have an example? I just need this to test my keyboard emulator.

Anders

Thanks. KNOBX and KNOBY are what I need, apparently. I am sure those two was the cause of endless amusement at HP UK :)

Anders

There are also some programs on the BASIC 5 utilities disks that will save me some typing.

Piero Andreini

I own a 340 with basic installed and I verified that ir read the HIL mouse, is possible to select menu with it. I didn't investigate about it, I got the hdd already installed. I can make .lif disk image and share it

Il dom 17 mag 2020, 13:19 Anders <anders.gustafsson@...> ha scritto:
There are also some programs on the BASIC 5 utilities disks that will save me some typing.

Anders

OK. This is from the VERIFY command onthe BASIC5 Utilities disk.

I need to add another PS/2 port before I can test further.

Nice work.

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 9:46 PM +0200, "Anders" <anders.gustafsson@...> wrote:

OK. This is from the VERIFY command onthe BASIC5 Utilities disk.

I need to add another PS/2 port before I can test further.

Bruce

You guys are making amazing progress on this
project !!

Quoting Rik Bos <@hpfix>:

Nice work.

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 9:46 PM +0200, "Anders" <anders.gustafsson@...> wrote:

OK. This is from the VERIFY command onthe BASIC5 Utilities disk.

I need to add another PS/2 port before I can test further.

Anders

Yes. The traces I got really helped figuring out the protocol. I will add a second PS/2 port next and try to finalise the mouse stuff. Will probably take a few weeks though

Anders

This snippet of BASIC code seems to do the trick!

I will post a small video over at www.dalton.ax/hpkbd/hil