#HP1000 Unknown Firmware #HP1000

Achim Buerger

Hi all,

in my HP1000F (2117B) I found two sets of firmware ROMs which I could not identify in any of the available documentations.
Does anyone know the function of the ROM sets with the following part numbers?
91740 80064
91740 80065
91740 80066

12823 80013
12823 80014
12823 80015
12823 80016
12823 80017
12823 80018

Any hint is appreciated.

Achim

Glen Slick

On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 4:41 PM Achim Buerger <achim.r.buerger@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

in my HP1000F (2117B) I found two sets of firmware ROMs which I could not identify in any of the available documentations.
Does anyone know the function of the ROM sets with the following part numbers?
91740 80064
91740 80065
91740 80066

12823 80013
12823 80014
12823 80015
12823 80016
12823 80017
12823 80018

Any hint is appreciated.

Achim
Communicator/1000 For Software Update 6.0, 5961-6201, December 1992
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/hp/communicator/1000/5961-6201_Dec-1992.pdf
Section 3.33.14 M/E/F-Series ROM History
Page 3-130 (page 256 of the PDF)

Earlier versions of this DS/1000 and F-Series Scientific Instruction
Set firmware:

http://www.bitsavers.org/bits/HP/1000_firmware/HP1000Firmware/
http://www.bitsavers.org/bits/HP/1000_firmware/HP1000Firmware/Readme.txt

DS/1000 91740-80067 3F44
91740-80068 340A
91740-80069 FF62

F-SIS 12823-80019 B7E9
12823-80020 7EAE
12823-80021 2CE9

Actually 12823-80019 through 12823-80021 are simply a combination of
12823-80013 through 12823-80018 from six 4K ROMs into three 8K ROMs
with no microcode changes.

Mike Loewen

On Wed, 4 Nov 2020, Achim Buerger wrote:

Hi all,

in my HP1000F (2117B) I found two sets of firmware ROMs which I could not identify in any of the available documentations.
Does anyone know the function of the ROM sets with the following part numbers?
91740 80064
91740 80065
91740 80066
Acording to this:

https://www.mail-archive.com/cctech@classiccmp.org/msg03778.html

Those are DS/1000 firmware, revision 2003 (bad ROMs; withdrawn).

12823 80013
12823 80014
12823 80015
12823 80016
12823 80017
12823 80018
These are an earlier version of the F-series Scientific Instruction Set (SIS) firmware.

http://vtda.org/docs/computing/HP/Mini/12791-90001_HP1000MEFSeriesFirmwareInstallationReference_Mar80.pdf

Mike Loewen mloewen@cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Old Technology http://q7.neurotica.com/Oldtech/

Achim Buerger

Glen & Mike,

thank you very much for your fast reply. This confirms my suspicions that it is and older firmware version.

Best regards,
Achim