#HP1000 and 12992C Loader for Terminal Cartridge #HP1000

Achim Buerger

Hey guys,

as someone ever tried to boot a HP1000E/F using a 12992C loader, which is intended to load from the tape cartridge of a 264x terminal, but using a PC as source of the serial data, emulating the terminal?

Achim

Stephen Hanselman

Achim,

I’m not sure about a PC, the terninal software would have emulate the semi-creative 2645A transfer protocols.

I do know they had tapes for the HP85 which loaded through a BACI card and that loader ROM

Regards,

Stephen Hanselman

Datagate Systems, LLC

On Oct 24, 2020, at 12:58, Achim Buerger <achim.r.buerger@...> wrote:

Hey guys,

as someone ever tried to boot a HP1000E/F using a 12992C loader, which is intended to load from the tape cartridge of a 264x terminal, but using a PC as source of the serial data, emulating the terminal?

Achim

Roland Dietiker

Hi Achim

Yes, this was used for diagnostic purpose on the MX series and HP264x Terminals.

Later was a utility available, which emulate the CTD drives on the HP150.

Best regards

Roland