HP1000E

Achim Buerger

Hi all,

I have the opportunity to acquire two (or maybe even three) HP1000E and a 7906 disk drive. Can you advise what to look for in a visual inspection? Switching on is not an option, since the machines where stored for >20 yrs. And what could be a reasonable price for the whole equipment? My plan is to restore at least one machine to running order, in best case also the 7906.

Achim

Colin Eby

Just an opinion…

Running HP 1000E is $1-2k.
Non-runner $300-$800 depending on condition.

Drives are actually rarer than CPUs in my experience. Even an unknown by 7906 has got to be worth $700 or more.

So I’d start with an offer of $1500-2000

Whatever you do, if you get the drive, get packs with it.

Kind regards,
Colin