HP-98770 flyback transformer

François Lanciault


I realize that individuals that can help me with this will be few (to say the least), but I was wondering if someone with a HP-98770 color monitor could take one or two closeup pictures of the flyback transformer. I am trying to get a replacement but, more than two years of research with the HP custom part number have yield no results. My hope is that there might be other markings on it that could pinpoint me to an equivalent replacement part; maybe it is manufactured by some other company ?

Obviously, if anyone have a spare (complete with the board to witch it is mounted), you just have to name your price! (Sudden silence with sporadic faint crickets sound)



Hi Francois,

Are the uploaded photo's sufficient for you?


François Lanciault

Very good pictures Rik. That is more than I was hoping for. That flyback has a strange shape!

Thank you very much.