Topics

HP software for test equipment


François Lanciault
 

Is most official HP software for its test equipment already preserved somewhere or is it hard to find ?

I’m asking because I have many original floppies for the HP-71000 spectrum analyzer and I was wondering if I should try to preserved them before wiping the floppies for other uses. (I don’t have a HP-71000). I don’t know for what system the software is written, but on the disk there is a note saying « For Selected HP-9000 Series Computers » so I suspect they are written for the series 200-300. I will try to load something on my HP-9816 and will let you know.

I have the 5 disks named « System Operation Verification #709000-10023» (disk 1 to 5) and the « System Diagnostics Software #70900-10025 »

I might have other disk for other HP test equipment. I will dig deeper.

François


 

Hi François,

I don't know about the 7000 system, but I know it's sometimes very hard to find control and test software for instruments. So if you some please preserve it.
There's a folder in the files section for instrument software.

-Rik




On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 9:13 PM +0200, "François Lanciault" <francoislanciault@...> wrote:

Is most official HP software for its test equipment already preserved somewhere or is it hard to find ?

I’m asking because I have many original floppies for the HP-71000 spectrum analyzer and I was wondering if I should try to preserved them before wiping the floppies for other uses. (I don’t have a HP-71000). I don’t know for what system the software is written, but on the disk there is a note saying « For Selected HP-9000 Series Computers » so I suspect they are written for the series 200-300. I will try to load something on my HP-9816 and will let you know.

I have the 5 disks named « System Operation Verification #709000-10023» (disk 1 to 5) and the « System Diagnostics Software #70900-10025 »

I might have other disk for other HP test equipment. I will dig deeper.

François


Andy ZL3AG
 

YES PLEASE.

Likewise for HP 75000 (VXI) equipment.

With Keysight killing off the ftp archives from Hp/Agilent and some of them not appearing at archive.org (and many pages unreachable due to poor website design or nasty robots.txt files), we desperately need people to check through their old diskettes and CD collections, along with old SCSI drives/tapes that might have instrumentation software on them that is now otherwise unobtainium.

Thanks,

Andy

On 5/09/20 8:35 am, Rik Bos wrote:
Hi François,
I don't know about the 7000 system, but I know it's sometimes very hard to find control and test software for instruments. So if you some please preserve it.
There's a folder in the files section for instrument software.
-Rik
Outlook for Android <https://aka.ms/ghei36> downloaden
On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 9:13 PM +0200, "François Lanciault" <francoislanciault@videotron.ca <mailto:francoislanciault@videotron.ca>> wrote:
Is most official HP software for its test equipment already preserved somewhere or is it hard to find ?
I’m asking because I have many original floppies for the HP-71000 spectrum analyzer and I was wondering if I should try to preserved them before wiping the floppies for other uses. (I don’t have a HP-71000). I don’t know for what system the software is written, but on the disk there is a note saying « For Selected HP-9000 Series Computers » so I suspect they are written for the series 200-300. I will try to load something on my HP-9816 and will let you know.
I have the 5 disks named « System Operation Verification #709000-10023» (disk 1 to 5) and the « System Diagnostics Software #70900-10025 »
I might have other disk for other HP test equipment. I will dig deeper.
François


François Lanciault
 

Rik, Andy,

Ok I will add this to my to do list. I have checked and the programs are indeed for series 200/300 computers. Some have most of their line protected tough.

François

Envoyé de mon iPad

Le 5 sept. 2020 à 04:08, Andy ZL3AG via groups.io <zl3ag=radioengineering.com@groups.io> a écrit :


YES PLEASE.

Likewise for HP 75000 (VXI) equipment.

With Keysight killing off the ftp archives from Hp/Agilent and some of them not appearing at archive.org (and many pages unreachable due to poor website design or nasty robots.txt files), we desperately need people to check through their old diskettes and CD collections, along with old SCSI drives/tapes that might have instrumentation software on them that is now otherwise unobtainium.

Thanks,

Andy

On 5/09/20 8:35 am, Rik Bos wrote:
Hi François,
I don't know about the 7000 system, but I know it's sometimes very hard to find control and test software for instruments. So if you some please preserve it.
There's a folder in the files section for instrument software.
-Rik
Outlook for Android <https://aka.ms/ghei36> downloaden
On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 9:13 PM +0200, "François Lanciault" <francoislanciault@videotron.ca <mailto:francoislanciault@videotron.ca>> wrote:
Is most official HP software for its test equipment already preserved somewhere or is it hard to find ?
I’m asking because I have many original floppies for the HP-71000 spectrum analyzer and I was wondering if I should try to preserved them before wiping the floppies for other uses. (I don’t have a HP-71000). I don’t know for what system the software is written, but on the disk there is a note saying « For Selected HP-9000 Series Computers » so I suspect they are written for the series 200-300. I will try to load something on my HP-9816 and will let you know.
I have the 5 disks named « System Operation Verification #709000-10023» (disk 1 to 5) and the « System Diagnostics Software #70900-10025 »
I might have other disk for other HP test equipment. I will dig deeper.
François


 

On 9/4/20 4:35 PM, Rik Bos wrote:
I don't know about the 7000 system, but I know it's sometimes very hard to find control and test software for instruments. So if you some please preserve it.
There's a folder in the files section for instrument software.
I have a big box of disks and tapes containing this sort of software, I got it from a calibration lab that shut down last year. It's all calibration and verification software for a long list of instruments, mostly HP but not all.

The disks should be no problem, I just have to get to it. But the tapes will present a challenge.

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA


nigel adams
 

If there is anything for Marconi or IFR/Aeroflex Instruments please let me know.

Regards
Nigel Adams - Marconi Instruments Heritage Collection

On 6 Sep 2020, at 17:57, Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com> wrote:

On 9/4/20 4:35 PM, Rik Bos wrote:
I don't know about the 7000 system, but I know it's sometimes very hard to find control and test software for instruments. So if you some please preserve it.
There's a folder in the files section for instrument software.
I have a big box of disks and tapes containing this sort of software, I got it from a calibration lab that shut down last year. It's all calibration and verification software for a long list of instruments, mostly HP but not all.

The disks should be no problem, I just have to get to it. But the tapes will present a challenge.

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA



 

I don't recall having seen anything, but I will look again. I think there was some Wiltron stuff. It's probably 90% HP. I will do my best to preserve all of it and make it available.

-Dave

On 9/6/20 1:03 PM, nigel adams via groups.io wrote:
If there is anything for Marconi or IFR/Aeroflex Instruments please let me know.
Regards
Nigel Adams - Marconi Instruments Heritage Collection
On 6 Sep 2020, at 17:57, Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com> wrote:

On 9/4/20 4:35 PM, Rik Bos wrote:
I don't know about the 7000 system, but I know it's sometimes very hard to find control and test software for instruments. So if you some please preserve it.
There's a folder in the files section for instrument software.
I have a big box of disks and tapes containing this sort of software, I got it from a calibration lab that shut down last year. It's all calibration and verification software for a long list of instruments, mostly HP but not all.

The disks should be no problem, I just have to get to it. But the tapes will present a challenge.

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA


--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA


Mark Bielman
 

Hi Dave,

Do you recall what platform(s) (OS) these use?
HP-UX, Windows, etc. Maybe it's a mix?

thx

Mark


 

On 9/6/20 1:20 PM, Mark Bielman wrote:
Do you recall what platform(s) (OS) these use?
HP-UX, Windows, etc. Maybe it's a mix?
The majority of it looks to be RMB. I didn't see anything mentioning HP-UX. But I've not really cataloged it all yet.

There is some Windows calibration package in there which I will probably archive, but it looks like a general "click here to calibrate and send 'em a bill" package...garbage.

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA