I don't think there is that much new informations. I could eventually scan it if there is interest.

I also have a 1982 print of the installation manual but a quick look shows no differences from the 1978 HP museum copy.

François

On Jan 24, 2020, at 12:54, CuriousMarc <marc.verdiell@...> wrote:

I added two missing manuals for the HP 9825: The Printer Manual (for the HP 9866 printer) and the Disk Manual (for the HP 9885 8" Floppy). David and Al, you might want to add this to your collection.

Paul Berger

Francois,

I would be interested in seeing that.  I have also successfully connected a 9885 to 9000-332.

Paul.

On 2020-01-25 12:21 p.m., François Lanciault wrote:
Hi,

I just noticed that my original copy of the service manual for the HP-9885M/S is totally different from the one at the HP computer museum. It is a bit larger (7 chapters) and more recent (1981 ?) as it covers the 9835A-qB, the 9845 A-B-C and the HP-21MX. It also comes with a bunch of service notes (last chapter).

I don't think there is that much new informations. I could eventually scan it if there is interest.

I also have a 1982 print of the installation manual but a quick look shows no differences from the 1978 HP museum copy.

François

On Jan 24, 2020, at 12:54, CuriousMarc <marc.verdiell@...> wrote:

I added two missing manuals for the HP 9825: The Printer Manual (for the HP 9866 printer) and the Disk Manual (for the HP 9885 8" Floppy). David and Al, you might want to add this to your collection.

François Lanciault

Hi Paul,

I will scan the manual and let you know when available.

François

I second that, would be interested to see what it says for the 21MX.
Marc

François Lanciault

The 1981 manual has been uploaded.

Don't expect much information about supported computers. It mainly list the interfaces required and the appropriate documentation to read. See pages 1-2,1-3 and chapter 2 (Installation Notes).

There might be some new information hidden elsewhere... I have not thoroughly checked.

I find the Service Note #9885M/S-5A interesting. Strange that some specific bits patterns can cannot be decoded correctly...

François

Paul Berger

On 2020-02-03 2:03 p.m., François Lanciault wrote:
The 1981 manual has been uploaded.

Don't expect much information about supported computers. It mainly list the interfaces required and the appropriate documentation to read. See pages 1-2,1-3 and chapter 2 (Installation Notes).

There might be some new information hidden elsewhere... I have not thoroughly checked.

I find the Service Note #9885M/S-5A interesting. Strange that some specific bits patterns can cannot be decoded correctly...

François
..and a very nice job!  The pictures are very clear.  One small thing the diagram of the component side of A2 is upside down that would be part of page 6-7

Paul.

David Collins

Also now loaded into the product documentation pages for the 9885 at hpmuseum.net (with the picture of A2 now right way around).

Thanks for providing this François!

David Collins

On 2020-02-03 2:03 p.m., François Lanciault wrote:
> The 1981 manual has been uploaded.
>
> Don't expect much information about supported computers. It mainly
> list the interfaces required and the appropriate documentation to
> read. See pages 1-2,1-3 and chapter 2 (Installation Notes).
>
> There might be some new information hidden elsewhere... I have not
> thoroughly checked.
>
> I find the Service Note #9885M/S-5A interesting. Strange that some
> specific bits patterns can cannot be decoded correctly...
>
> François

..and a very nice job!  The pictures are very clear.  One small thing
the diagram of the component side of A2 is upside down that would be
part of page 6-7

Paul.

Thanks!
Marc

François Lanciault

David,

I have quite a lot of original 9845 + peripherals documentation. In the coming weeks, I will go through it to see if I have any other document that is more recent than what is in the homuseum collection. I will let you know if I find anything.

Francois

On 2020-02-03 2:03 p.m., François Lanciault wrote:
> The 1981 manual has been uploaded.
>
> Don't expect much information about supported computers. It mainly
> list the interfaces required and the appropriate documentation to
> read. See pages 1-2,1-3 and chapter 2 (Installation Notes).
>
> There might be some new information hidden elsewhere... I have not
> thoroughly checked.
>
> I find the Service Note #9885M/S-5A interesting. Strange that some
> specific bits patterns can cannot be decoded correctly...
>
> François

..and a very nice job!  The pictures are very clear.  One small thing
the diagram of the component side of A2 is upside down that would be
part of page 6-7

Paul.

David Collins

François, thanks very much.  Happy to take whatever you have that's of value to the community..

David Collins