Topics

HP 9826A - still need replacement key body

Guy Dunphy

The search for a replacement key switch for my 9826A (9000-226) is sorted.
Assuming they don't get lost in the post somehow.

Thanks! This list is such a great resource.

Guy

Anders

Glad to hear. If you ever find the HP Sparepart number of manufacturer number, then please post it.

Guy Dunphy

At 02:34 AM 28/12/2019 -0800, Anders wrote:
Glad to hear. If you ever find the HP Sparepart number of manufacturer number, then please post it.
If it's any help, here's a photo of the bottom of the keyswitch.
It has "Maxi" molded in. Presumably the name of the manufacturer.
No part number on the switch that I can see.

Guy

Dave McGuire

On 12/28/19 11:37 AM, Guy Dunphy wrote:
Glad to hear. If you ever find the HP Sparepart number of manufacturer number, then please post it.
If it's any help, here's a photo of the bottom of the keyswitch.
It has "Maxi" molded in. Presumably the name of the manufacturer.
No part number on the switch that I can see.
Maxi-Switch, yes. They made nice key switches.

On 2019-12-28 12:39 p.m., Dave McGuire wrote:
On 12/28/19 11:37 AM, Guy Dunphy wrote:
Glad to hear. If you ever find the HP Sparepart number of manufacturer number, then please post it.
If it's any help, here's a photo of the bottom of the keyswitch.
It has "Maxi" molded in. Presumably the name of the manufacturer.
No part number on the switch that I can see.
Maxi-Switch, yes. They made nice key switches.

-Dave
The Maxi-Switch keyboards are pretty nice, but the plastic that was used for the key stems is getting brittle and it is pretty easy to break off a key.  I have a 98203B and a 98203C both of which where built by Maxi-Switch as where at least some of the 9826/36 keyboards.

Paul.

Lee A. White

I did not work no the 9826, but most of the key switches I did work with were manufactured by Cherry.

At 02:34 AM 28/12/2019 -0800, Anders wrote:
Glad to hear. If you ever find the HP Sparepart number of manufacturer number, then please post it.
If it's any help, here's a photo of the bottom of the keyswitch.
It has "Maxi" molded in. Presumably the name of the manufacturer.
No part number on the switch that I can see.

Guy

Paul Berger

All of the 9825 and 9835 keyboards I have seen have key switches that are either marked with the Cherry name or look very much like them  I have also seen Cherry keyboards  in 4972A protocol analyzers which is largely a 9920 fitted into a transportable case.  I have seen other similar instruments from that time period that also used Cherry keyboards.

Paul.