Re: Unobtanium obtained!

Actually, I just stuck a DC2000 in an unmodified 9825 tape drive , and to my surprise it worked a little bit. The tape fit nicely, transport seemed to work fine, it rewound on the correct reel. I tried to initialize a few files, sometimes I could read the entire "catalog" back, sometimes I had errors. I don't know if it's my drive or if I need to make a write current modification for the new tape like I did on the HP 85. I suspect it's the latter, so that would next step. Anyhow I thought it was encouraging.

MarcĀ