Re: 9825 restoration notes and questions

Jack Rubin

Interesting - not much time to play around this morning before leaving for a few days, but I did find that with A25 in place and 64K selected, the system would note the presence/absence of the tape drive (i.e. error 43) if the Monitor Bus cable was _removed_. If the cable was in place, no error was reported whether the  tape drive was connected or not. Clearly _something_ is happening on A25 and the Monitor Bus cable is providing some signals.

More tantalizing than conclusive. When I return home later in the week, I'll go ahead with a full physical tear-down and inspection of the other end of the Monitor Bus cable.

More to come ...