Re: use of RBYTE statement to read the keyboard of the HP 9830A

A little thinking about an Eprom board for the option ROM’s ..

Please correct me when I’m wrong, I concluded there is 8kW of address space for the option ROM’s.

The option ROM’s have 1kW address space for every slot.

This means the ROM driver board  (09830-66525) could be replaced by an Eprom board containing multiple images.

That would also mean that the other ROM’s slots can’t be used together with the Eprom board.

The ROM driver board generates the rom select signals for the option ROM’s and is the only slot with all the ROM address lines connected.

-Rik