Re: Help with HP-150 and 9133H #VintageHPComputers

Martin Hepperle

I looked into my information collector document which I started to write as my notebook for the 150 and find that your ROM is indeed the first revision for the 150A/B.

There was a revision "B" and "D", but I don't know of a document describing the changes in detail.
Maybe someone else knows more.
Later revisions went up to "F" but were for the 150 II, as far as I understand.

But first you should make sure that your drives are working properly. These old SONY drives (with the square eject buttons) have some problems with dried up lubrication? Unfortunately it is very easy to damage the double sided drives where the upper head is easily ripped off, if the drive is not revised. One should never use such a drive without inspection!.
If a floppy is not immediately ejected by about 1/2...1 inch, when the eject button is pressed, the drive needs service.
Manually pulling the disc out will irreversibly damage the upper r/w head.

Firmware HP 150/A/B and 150-II

Collected by Martin Hepperle, 2020

Rev. A

1818-3296

ROM 5

1818-3295

ROM 4

1818-3294

ROM 3

1818-3293

ROM 2

1818-3292

ROM 1

Table 1: Serial prefix < 2403, HP 150 A/B

Rev. B

1818-3325

ROM 5

1818-3324

ROM 4

1818-3323

ROM 3

1818-3322

ROM 2

1818-3321

ROM 1

Table 2: Serial prefix >= 2403, HP 150 A/B

Rev. C

1818-3325

ROM 5

1818-3324

ROM 4

1818-3439

ROM 3

1818-3438

ROM 2

1818-3321

ROM 1

Table 3: Latin America only, HP 150 A/B

Rev. D

1818-3325

ROM 5

1818-3324

ROM 4

1818-3437

ROM 3

1818-3436

ROM 2

1818-3435

ROM 1

Table 4: Serial prefix >= 2419, HP 150 A/B

Rev. E

1818-3528

ROM 5

1818-3529