Re: HP3000 987SX

Stephen Hanselman

Probably not unless you want some HP iron. This was a PA-RISC box and being the “8” variant was a fairly good sized one, there was also 917, 927, 937, etc.

I’m going to forward this to a computer museum that we sent all of our HP computers to.

Regards,

Stephen Hanselman

Datagate Systems, LLC

On Sep 21, 2020, at 21:46, Philip Freidin <philip@...> wrote:

A local auction has an HP3000 987SX in what looks like a 6 foot high rack, with
a DLT 4000 with maybe 6 drive and
HP 2345A Distributed Terminal Controller DTC 24 Ports.
This was up for auction 2 weeks ago and no-one was willing to make the minimal
bid of $25. (about $37 after tax and tip). Weighs 552 lb. I know nothing more
about this system.

Is this system of any value?

Philip