Re: HP-UX disk image for the 9000-340?

Paul Berger

I started up vue by changing the run level using the 'telinit' command I don't recall right now what the run level is for vue but you should be able to figure it out by looking at  /etc/inittab  the man page for telinit may describe the run levels but I do not have a HP-UX system running right now to check.  You will probably find vue to be pretty sluggish especially if your machine does not have a lot of memory, vue is HP's version of Common Desktop Environment (CDE) which was famous for dragging machines to their knees.

Paul.

On 2020-05-25 10:46 a.m., Rik Bos wrote:

/usr/vue/config , configuration file

/usr/lib/X11/vue/Vuelogin , should start vue

Van: VintHPcom@groups.io <VintHPcom@groups.io> Namens Rik Bos
Verzonden: maandag 25 mei 2020 8:30
Aan: vinthpcom@groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [VintHPcom] HP-UX disk image for the 9000-340?

Try vue (visual user environment), but I not sure it's implemented in this early version of HP-UX.

-Rik

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 8:14 AM +0200, "Anders" <anders.gustafsson@...> wrote:

Just to close the loop. Boots now. HPDisk is somewhat slower than HPDrive, as can be expected, but then again do I just waste 200mW running. I was able to tweak the speed somewhat and will probably be able to make it even faster, time permitting. 

HP-UX is slow on the 340, even if run from HPDrive. Have not tested X-windows yet. Anyone know how to start it? The usual startx does not appear to work.

Join VintHPcom@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.