Re: HP 4955A in Good Shape-- HPIB Interface for storing Basic Programs to a Modern Machine, possibly using HPDrive software over HPIB?

greg.linder@...

Yeah-

This is all correct. It definitely has the TACO chip, and a native HP-IB port. I understand that getting reliable media for the tape drives is sort of iffy these days, and I only have (2) tapes that came with the machine anyways. I'm planning on rebuilding the tape drives when I clean off the Bench, and I understand these can be rebuilt and could (possibly) give a way to store some data.

However, I'd like to be able to transfer data to/from this machine, ideally using the HP-IB port. The manual says that you can use the onboard HP-IB port to control other equipment, but I'm not sure what that means in terms of making it work the HP Drive software.
Cheers,
-Greg