Van: VintHPcom@groups.io <VintHPcom@groups.io> Namens mariuszmleczko@...
Verzonden: dinsdag 18 februari 2020 22:23
Aan: VintHPcom@groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [VintHPcom] HP 9821 - display and tape transport issues #VintageHPComputers

Hmm...so it seems to be defective ? Rik can you propose some available on the market phototransistor for replacement ?
The symptoms described below are also same as mine (especially rewinding case).

A good LDR will display a resistance of several mega-ohms when fully dark and less than 200 ohms under strong direct light. The LDR feeds into a 741 op-amp running open-loop, thus functioning as a comparator. The comparator output will trip when the LDR resistance is around 18K.
http://madrona.ca/e/HP9830/hardware.html