Re: HP 9821 - display and tape transport issues #VintageHPComputers

Dave McGuire

On 2/3/20 11:06 AM, Brian White wrote:
Yikes. What do you recommend instead of the black foam? I just had to
toss a bunch of old ICs whose leads had rusted in completely degraded
black foam. I put the survivors in nice new black foam from Jameco -
that sounds stupider as I write this than when I did it - I was hoping
that 2020’s foam was better than 1970’s foam. Any suggestions?
Well, that 2020s foam will be fine for a while. ;) But the best
solution seems to be plastic chip tubes. They pop up on eBay
frequently, sometimes in nice large batches.