Re: HP 9821 - display and tape transport issues #VintageHPComputers

Dave McGuire

On 2/3/20 10:07 AM, Achim Buerger wrote:
I HAVE TO APPOLOGISE: I wrote bullshit. I meant National Semiconductor
(abbreviation NS), not National Instruments (which produce very reliable
IEEE and other interface cards).
Ahhhh ok, I'm far less confused now! This one threw me for a loop
since I'm only halfway through my first cup of coffee. =)

At LSSM we've had some trouble with Texas Instruments chips, but most
commonly in the form of corrosion on the exposed leads. Not
unreasonable (IMO) due to the age of the components, but we've seen it
more on TI than on other brands, so it must have something to do with
the alloy they used for their lead frames.