SRM, was Re: [VintHPcom] HP9826/36 PowerFail option RTC?

Dave McGuire

On 1/15/20 4:34 AM, rmb_guru via Groups.Io wrote:
NOTE: SRM or SRM/UX stands for Shared Resource Management, which is a
network that has a central server providing things like a main
filesystem (for booting/reading/storing files) and central printers
and/or plotters and tape backup.  The network can either be the original
old 50pin serial cable version (150 feet max), 50 Ohm coax version (1000
meter max) or in the case of SRM/UX, an ethernet LAN version (unlimited
distance)
Ahh, thank you for that. I've always wondered what that was, and it
was pretty much what I'd assumed. I have a few SRM interfaces here;
I've not really looked into them. Very interesting indeed.