Re: HP-HIL and USB

Sven Schnelle

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 02:08:40AM -0800, Vassilis PREVELAKIS (series80.org) wrote:
Hi Sven,

Yes in my opinion this is the most effective solution as all the HIL hardware is there,

I have been wanting to do something like this for years, but have not found the time to do it so far.
I received the HP HIL identification modules now, and did a quick prototype. It
seems to work. With my HP9000/3xx systems it looks like BASIC/WS is only accepting
keycode set 1 (ITF Keyboard) but not the PC like Keycode set 3. Haven't tried
with with my PA-RISC 9000/715 yet.

My current code (which isn't really finished yet) is here:

https://github.com/svenschnelle/hilps2

I didn't receive the Arduino pro micro yet, so i used the ATmega 2560 Arduino
for now which doesn't fit into the original housing.

A converter with less hardware seems to be possible with STM32 and a software
HIL implementation. These uC's run up to 72MHz internal clock, which i think
would be sufficient to sample the HIL data in an Interrupt routine.

Regards
Sven