From: VintHPcom@groups.io [mailto:VintHPcom@groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Hanson
Sent: 14 December 2019 22:52
To: VintHPcom@groups.io
Subject: Re: [VintHPcom] HP-HIL and USB

On Dec 14, 2019, at 2:42 PM, Paul Bicknell <paul@...> wrote:

The item that is urgently required is a standard keyboard interface to HP-HIL

Ie   USB to HP-HIL

I’m not sure whether you’re saying you urgently want to use a HIL keyboard with a USB system, or whether you want to use a USB keyboard with a HIL system. Either way I don’t understand the urgency, there’s plenty of HIL hardware in existence.

The approach I outlined in my previous message should work regardless of which you want, however. The only difference will be in the USB stack & interface on the Cortex M series, whether it acts as a USB device or host. (Though acting as a USB host is going to be more difficult—though just working with average USB HID hardware shouldn’t be too hard.)

Regarding the HP-HIL mail connectors not a problem there are 2 types

1 Dot   Type   A   part number  1-1761184-1-ND  this goes into the keyboard

2 Dot   Type   E   part number  5-1761184-1-ND  this goes into the equipment

Last time I looked  digeky  had over 200 of each

That’s good, what about the sockets?

  — Chris

No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.