Re: HP 9825 Disk Drive Emulators?

Martin Hepperle

Thank you all for your feedback and additional background information. It is always great to learn more about why, when and by whom something was done.

When I fixed a broken spot welding on chicklet keyboard of my 9825A I was impressed by the 124 screws I had to remove to get access to the spring contacts. Not necessarily in a positive sense ... this must have been a production cost nightmare.  I also noticed that someone had spot welded some of the springs under the space bar in the wrong place and he (or quality control) had ripped them off. Probably a Monday morning machine ;-)