Re: Does anyone have a source for the putty colored paint used on HP peripherals?

Stan

Thanks everyone for all the good input!

Stephen, if you do find those cans, I would be interested. I can probably open them up and pour the paint into a hobby-style paint sprayer and go from there.

I will also check out the local hobby shop, as they have a very large selection of colors for model making, and I might find one that is “close enough.”

Worst comes to worst, I’ll take a part in fair shape to a paint shop that can match it.

From: VintHPcom@groups.io <VintHPcom@groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2019 10:58 PM
To: VintHPcom@groups.io
Subject: Re: [VintHPcom] Does anyone have a source for the putty colored paint used on HP peripherals?

I just did a whole bunch of very tatty/rusted HP drive cases from that era and a (very) repaired  85A case. I got my local paint shop that do all my 'production' stuff to do it. They used RAL  7032 in a light textured finish, putting systems side by side with original finish ones it looks very close indeed but probably you would need to do the whole thing not just a patch.

On 11/12/2019 2:47 AM, Stan wrote:

I am restoring a few HP peripherals (9153A, 9133XV, 9142A, 9144A) and strictly for cosmetics I would like to at least touch up, and possibly completely repaint the cases. They all have various stains and scratches, some of which are through the paint on the metal cases.

If I can get a reasonable color match and am able to repaint the entire case, it won't have to be exact--just "close enough." Thanks for any and all leads!

Stan

Join VintHPcom@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.