Re: HP minicomputers?

Jack Rubin

I’m glad to see a few others are also involved with these wonderful beasts. If you have a 2116C, you might be interested in additional core planes – some are still available here - http://www.electronicsurplus.com/hewlett-packard-5060-8331-ferrite-core-memory-board .  The challenge will be coming up with XY drivers (shared with the 2100), inhibit cards (unique to the 2116C?) and “over-the-top” connectors (also shared with 2100).

There is a lot of overlap in the various interface cards used in the 211x boxes and the 2100 but I’ve never seen a real list. It might be worth starting one.

Finally, anyone hear from Brent Hilpert lately? His website – a great resource for many HP systems – seems to be mostly non-functional.

Jack

From: VintHPcom@groups.io [mailto:VintHPcom@groups.io] On Behalf Of Rik Bos
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 7:19 AM
To: VintHPcom@groups.io
Subject: Re: [VintHPcom] HP minicomputers?

The 2114B I know J

We picked it up in Belgium and shipped it to Jon a few years ago.

It was a big shipment and a pain in the ass to get it packed right.

-Rik

Van: VintHPcom@groups.io [mailto:VintHPcom@groups.io] Namens David Collins
Verzonden: woensdag 1 maart 2017 14:11
Aan: VintHPcom@groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [VintHPcom] HP minicomputers?

Jack, the HP Computer Museum has various models of the 2116 (including an 8K 'A' that runs) and 2114. We almost got our hands on a 2115 but it was not to be...

If you need any info in getting your collection going feel free to ask, happy to help. 

David Collins

HP Computer Museum

On 1 Mar 2017, at 9:30 am, Jack Rubin <j@...> wrote:

Does anyone on the list dabble with the other end of the HP calculator/computer spectrum?

Anyone with a 2116, 2115 or 2114?

I've got a 2116 and a 2114 that have been sitting idle for far too long - maybe someone else is feeling the same way.

Jack

Join VintHPcom@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.