Re: R/382 Computer can't find OS

Stan

I want to disconnect the hard drive from the SCSI bus to see if that changes my boot up problem at all. It looks like the easiest (only?) way to get to the hard drive is to slide out the floppy drive. I've released the lever and pressed in the black latch on the right side of the floppy drive tray, but I can only get the tray to come forward about 1/8", then the right side rail hangs up and I can't tell what it's catching on. Any ideas about what may be going on and how to remedy it?

Ultimately I want be able to remove the floppy drive tray, but for now if anyone knows of another way to get to the hard drive connector without removing the tray, at least I can make some progress on the boot up troubleshooting.

Thanks,
StanĀ