Re: R/382 Computer can't find OS

Stan

Hi Vassilis,

Thanks for the offer to help! I’m not near the R/382 right now, but as soon as I am, I’ll post a photo of the boot screen.

I have the Eventide LAN card with an AUI connector. I’ll have to find an adapter to hook it to my network, but there’s nothing on my network that it could boot from anyway, so I’m not sure what I’d be looking for.

Other than the regular flashing of the HDD LED, there’s no indication of any OS search activity. The boot screen itself looks perfectly normal to me, and it says that it is searching for an OS, but never finds one. Should it be trying to access the floppy drive as well during the search? The reason I ask is that I put a blank floppy in the drive, but the drive doesn’t look like it’s being accesssed.

Stan

-----Original Message-----
From: "Vassilis PREVELAKIS (series80.org)" <series80@...>
Sent: Nov 3, 2018 3:33 AM
To: VintHPcom@groups.io
Subject: Re: [VintHPcom] R/382 Computer can't find OS

Hi Stan,

I have a working R/382 sitting next to me, with HP BASIC installed, so if you need any tests or whatever help, let me know.

BTW is the R/382 connected to your LAN? Because you can try to boot off the LAN so see if it tries to do smth.

It would also be helpful if you can also upload screendumps from the boot sequence.

**vp
www.series80.org

Join VintHPcom@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.