Swap stepper motor parts from a OA-D32W-11 into a -10 unit?

Tony Goodhew

Hi All,

I have one of the drives in my 9122D working now but the other drive fails to initialize a disk. Using the self tests, it passes Drive seek, Motor speed but fails Write/verify or Format disc.

Listening to the drive it sounds like there is a bit of grinding from the steeper motor for the head - Not sure that is the issue but I'm wondering if I can replace those parts from one of the dead drives I have (where the heads have been ripped off) - Both of the dead drives are OA-D32W-11 units.

Before I go pulling these drives apart I thought I'd ask if anyone has done this before and is it even possible?

Thanks,

TonyG