Re: Viper version of the SS/80 Exerciser software

Sven Schnelle <svens@...>

Hi Tony,

i did a quick test in a virtual /360 with a 9122D floppy drive (also
virtual), and the CS80 Exerciser states that it doesn't support SS/80:

http://stackframe.org/cs80.png

So you definitely don't have to worry about getting this thing to run on
your Viper card.

Regards

Sven

On 09/10/2018 10:01 PM, Tony Goodhew wrote:
Hi All,

I've started work on cleaning up the drives in the 9122D unit and
they're moving freely but still failing to initialize. While I was
reading the service manual I noted a mention of an automated service
program called the "SS/80 Exerciser".

I've looked around for this and found a link to a Teledisk version of
something I assume is similar - The CS/80 Exerciser
(http://www.hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?sw=249) and then links
saying this TD0 is corrupt and that a fixed version exists over at
GitHub (https://github.com/magore/hp85disk/tree/master/lif).

However I have had no success in getting any of these to work using
the HP 82324A Viper card. I either get errors when writing to the PC
drive (where I can format the LIF disk but the TD0 seems to have
sector errors towards the end) or I can get a LIF disk but the file
format is unrecognized by the Viper card (GET, LOAD, etc all return
incorrect file format).

Anyone happen to have a working version of this or any tips for what I
might not be doing to get the software to run?

Thanks,

TonyG