If you are familiar with the old 'Penny Dreadful' publications, or the 'Penny Dreadful' TV series on Show Time, then you have a fair idea of what this campaign is about. It is both a Horror Story and a Mystery Story. If these things appeal to you, come on in!
BUT, let me be clear as to what this campaign IS NOT. It is NOT a Steam Punk game. Although weird science and strange inventions may appear, they are not a primary theme of this campaign and as a player you should not expect Steam Punk gadgets, fashions and so on. Also, this is not a Sim of the TV show. Although there may well be themes from the show (since the writers hit most of the major creature stories it will be hard not to!) none of the characters, as portrayed in the show, will appear.
Further, if you are a player that enjoys high level characters that lob powerful spells and level mountains and crush castles, you will not like this campaign. Though magic exists it is a low key affair that is rarer and weaker then a normal AD&D game.
Finally, if you are a 'rules lawyer' or a stickler for historical accuracy then you might want to look elsewhere. The game system we will be using is more or less a home brew, mish-mash of several systems, though it is mostly AD&D, and to some degree a work in progress. And while I strive for historical accuracy in my campaigns, I also twist, bend and break the record as needed to make the plot lines work or smooth over play problems.
- 1 Member
- 0 Topics
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Only moderators can create hashtags.
- Members can edit their posts.
Top Hashtags [See All]