Re: Insertion delay needed for BNC-BNC couplers UG491A/U (M-M) and UG914/U (F-F)

David Feldman

Hello Kurt,

For the HP 85031B parts, I have no additional standards data beyond what I included, which was copied from old version of HP 85031B manual. There is nothing printed on the three devices; one is HP 909A (like 909F, but rated only to 6 GHz); one is APC-7 short with no name (but mechanically identical to any other APC-7 short I have seen), and the APC-7 open is similar, but not identical, to the open from HP 85031B (with plastic center conductor extender in shielded cavity).

For BNC standards, I plan order tomorrow 22 March, the 4-pc sdr-kits set, but it will take possibly long time to arrive here (US/Colorado), so if I can proceed without those parts, it will be helpful.

My existing BNC load standards:

https://www.fairviewmicrowave.com/rf-load-2-watts-3-ghz-bnc-male-st3b-p.aspx (male)
https://www.fairviewmicrowave.com/rf-load-2-watts-3-ghz-bnc-female-st3b-f-p.aspx (female)

For existing short standards, arriving I think this weekend I will also have BNC short cap male and female types; these do not have data for use as a calibration kit component.

https://www.rfsuperstore.com/RFS-540003/ (male)
https://www.rfsuperstore.com/RFS-540004/ (female)

I think these two (short) parts are similar to:

https://www.pasternack.com/50-ohm-bnc-male-short-cap-pe6012-p.aspx (male)
https://www.pasternack.com/50-ohm-bnc-female-short-cap-pe6030-p.aspx (female)

However, same condition as "rf superstore" - there is no data for use as calibration kit standard.

For existing open standards, I will have to construct from male partial connector (BNC clamp without internal parts), but I do not know if I can easily construct female way without internal parts; I will need to investigate that more.

Thank you again for your interest in this task!

Dave WB0GAZ

Join VNWA@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.